Fab Friday (on a Tuesday) #73

6:19:00 PM

Today, Kylie showed me another blog that I could play along with - the Fab Friday Challenge Blog. Here is the inspiration for the week;


And, here is the card that I came up with;


Stamped Image

I have liked the stamp set since it was released but never quite had the right card to use it on. And, using it to highlight the three colours was perfect. I used Versamark and then carefully pressed the images directly into the stamp pad and then used the sponge daubers to blend together. Of course, the stamped image was completed with a clear emboss over. The image below shows it a little clearer.


Unfortunately, this set has now retired. In my mind, I was using the 'Another Thank You' set. So, I used this set by accident (it was after midnight). But, I think that the 'Another Thank You' set would work perfectly.



Designer Series Paper

Just yesterday, I said to Kylie 'I haven't used DSP in AGES.' And, I hadn't. I was just going to mount this card on a piece of Old Olive over a piece Rich Razzleberry and then another piece of Old Olive over the Rich Razzleberry card. But, I thought Id have a quick look through the DSP collection and found this piece from the "Into the Woods" set which has both. It is a perfect accompaniment to the stamped image.


I was going to make the card smaller to fit the stamped image, but I decided to mount the sentiment off-centre so the DSP could get some extra loving.


Embellishments

Ill tell you a secret - there was a slight imperfection with the stamped image between the 'o' and the 'f.' But, I loved the way the colours blended together. So, I decided that I would press ahead with the image. The embellishment covers the imperfection (mostly). I added a few others so it didn't look odd.

Colour Inspiration

Here are the colours that are used on this card;

 

Products Used

Here are the products used (suggested)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Please contact me if you need any other information or have any questions.

Bruno

Stampin' Up! Specials



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Wow - this came out great! I love how you colored the sentiment - perfect use of the colors. And you hit on one of my fave papers from this set - I've had a hard time parting with it, lol... Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this came up Bruno! I am very sorry about the stamp set mix up - but you totally rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how unique! I love the blending of the colors too! The DSP was our inspiration for this challenge so extra points for using it, hehe ;-) Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Translate

Search This Blog