Freshly Made Sketches | A Sketch by Rita

2:55:00 PM

Wow! Three cards in a week! I must be in a groove. I really like challenge blogs I've decided. Sometimes when Im making a card, I am lost for inspiration. But, this gives a GREAT start!

Kylie put me onto a challenge blog called Freshly Made Sketches. Here is the sketch;
So, there were three elements - a large 'banner,'  a small 'banner' and a top element. When I first saw the sketch, I thought that it would be simple. But, looking at the design teams sample projects, it can take you in lots of different directions.

So, I thought that I would try something that has been in the back of my head for a LONG time - a single colour card. And, here is what i came up with;

Why Bermuda Bay? 

Long story.....here is the short version; Bermuda Bay is the colour of the sequin trim. So, Bermuda Bay it was!

Base

Im working hard on getting the base right (straight). I always marvel at the millimeter accuracy of bloggers out there - one day.



Banner

I got the banner framelets out and, I wasn't sure what size to use. So, I cut them all out. And, as I was cutting them (from smallest to largest), I was stacking them in a pile. I liked how they looked, so I used them all (except for the larger size).

I also thought that the largest banner i used looked plain. So, I thought it could benefit from the use of an embossing folder. I LOVE this one!! It reminds me of Champagne bubbles.


Sequin Trim

This was the starting point. So, it had to be the star. I decided to run it in different directions just so the light would hit it differently.


Sentiment

I wasn't going to add a sentiment. But, it needed something. I used the Washi Tape punch to contrast the straight lines of the banners. I also white embossed to make it stand out (my original version had Bermuda Bay ink on Bermuda Bay and it was just too much).




Colour Inspiration


Products Used

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Please contact me if you need any other information or have any questions.

Bruno


Stampin' Up! Specials



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Monotone brilliance! Awesome card Bruno. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous monochromatic card! The texture on the top banner adds so much interest. Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderfully creative use of this sketch! LOVE the sequins - love the cascading banners - love Bermuda Bay! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

Search This Blog