Retro Sketches | 183

6:55:00 PM

Ive been following Retro Sketches for a while but this is the first time Ive made a card for their challenge blog. And, despite making it DAYS in advance, I missed the link closing time. Anyway, here is the sketch the challenge is based on;


And, here is the card I came up with;



There is a place near where we live called 'Daniel's Bakery' who are known for their amazing donuts. They are soft, fluffy and usually filled with some delicious ganache. This store has got me HOOKED on Nutella, so Im very grateful to them. Though, this card is not for them - its for our friends Mark and Melanie who love donuts almost as much as we do. Hahahah!


Colours

I based this card around colours of sprinkles found on donuts. Sahara Sand was as close to 'donut' colour that we had.


Donuts

Each donut was Crumb Cake stamped on Crumb Cake and cut out using the punch. The icing is Vellum with stamped and embossed images. I used both clear and Iridescent Ice embossing powder.


Strip

I used a stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge set for the strip across the back. I love the detail in this stamp set.

Products Used

I used five stamp sets in total for this card - three of which are shown below.


Whats Your Type


Celebrate Today


Sprinkles of Life

If you buy the set Sprinkles of Life set, a portion of the proceeds will go towards the Ronald McDonald House. 

Is there anything else we can help you with? Please contact me if you need any other information or have any questions.

Bruno

Stampin' Up! Specials



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is a great card Bruno! What a shame you missed the challenge. I am sure it won't happen again though. I love the idea of using the vellum for the icing. They look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm Nutella,...Hmmm ganache.....Did someone say Donut! I have to go find chocolate now I've seen this card as we are all out of donuts and I would have to fight my daughter for the Nutella and that wouldn't be pretty. Very cool looking card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Love the yummy donuts and your great take to the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheri. It was so kind of the Admins to ad me in after I miscalculated the times.

      Delete

Translate

Search This Blog