Retro Sketches #184

6:55:00 PM

EDIT

GUESS WHAT!!
This card was selected by the design team as a shout out - how cool!!!



ORIGINAL POST

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my blog today. Im back with the cool kids at Retro Sketches today for another awesome sketch challenge. Here is the inspiration for my card today;



And, here is the card that I ended up with;


The first thing you will notice that I have presented a landscape card whereas the sketch is portrait. I didn't plan this. In fact, I had stuck down everything and was just about the stick down the sentiment when I just tried to see how it looked as a landscape card. I liked the card in portrait. But, i LOVE the card in landscape.


We received an order today with the corrugated cardboard, which is just awesome. It was a nice base element over the strong diagonal elements. Then, some of my trademark Vellum. And, over the top of that, some Crushed Curry cardstock with a stamp from the 'Stamp a Bag' set, just $30 for photopolymer. Click on the image below to purchase from our store.



Also in the order that arrived was the 'Another Thank You' set. I clear embossed the 'Many Thanks' with Crushed Curry ink on Whisper White and gave a quick wash of Night of Navy over using the emboss-resist technique. I used two framelits to mount the sentiment. The small banner underneath was not long enough and so I cut it in half and placed it where I wanted it.


Again, I used the Linen thread, which was a perfect accompaniment.


Colours

Below are the colours used on this project;


Products Used

Below is a list of products used on this project. Click on any of the pictures to purchase directly from our online store 24/7

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Is there anything else we can help you with? Please contact me if you need any other information or have any questions.

Bruno

Stampin' Up! Specials

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. REALLY cool card! I love the way you interpreted the sketch and the color combo is so striking! I adore the navy stripes!

    ReplyDelete

Translate

Search This Blog