Crazy Crafters June Blog Hop Project Life

1:03:00 AM



Thanks for joining us for this blog hop. At the bottom of this post, there is a list of links that I invite you to follow and see some of the AMAZING work being done by the Crazy Crafters. This months theme is PROJECT LIFE. We were so excited to hear that Stampin' Up! have partnered with Becky Higgins to bring a range of Project Life products that coordinates with the Stampin' Up! range.

Here are a few pages from our recent trip, I am sure that there will be more to come (after all - we have thousands of photos). All of these layouts took me less than 2 hours to complete. That is the brilliant part about Project life - it is very quick to see results for your work. One point I have to convey - it is difficult to photograph Project Life layouts.

Layout 1
This is the opening page. There was an awesome picture that we had that I enlarged to 6x8. But, there wasn't any 6x8 inserts. So, I simply cut it to fit the pockets. The range of Project Life cards that are available now are the 'Everyday Adventure.' However, for any convention attendees, you might recall that I won the 'Happiness Is....' set at convention, so these layouts make use of the both sets. 

I love this clever technique here using vellum. I didn't have any more room to journal. So, I cut a piece of vellum to fit and placed it over the photo. Doesn't it give a great effect?

Layout 2
This day was VERY eventful and we had a lot of pics that could have been added. But, despite planning, the whole landscape/portrait/square pictures wasn't quite working. But, I used a few techniques that might save the day.

We had a rectangular portrait slot available and a square photo - I was firm that I didn't want to crop the photo. So, I printed it a little smaller and made it look like a polaroid.  Looks pretty neat?

Again, I had a square photo and a rectangular (landscape) photo. I printed it smaller and made it look like a polaroid and used some of the Washi tape that comes with the 'Everyday Adventure' Accessories kit.

I have has a habit of keeping cards and tickets from everywhere we visit. So, Project Life is a cool way of keeping all of these.

Layout 3
Our camera takes great panoramic shots. And, when we visited Grand Central Station, I took one (well, I took about seven, but this was the best one). It lost the beauty if the photo was cropped so we kept the original proportions and printed it across two 4x6 photos and it fit nicely in the pockets.

This picture shows how I used one of the pocket cards with some Vellum and the Washi Tape from the 'Everyday Adventure' Accessories pack to journal. This is a great tip if you find some of the cards might be too bright for the photos you are using or a little too busy to journal on - using vellum is a great way to increase the opacity.

Layout 4
Can you see two photos on the right side in the middle (the photo has been cut into 2) of a bible verse? Well, these started off as two separate photos. But, I decided to superimpose one photo over another (in Photoshop) to save room and print the two photos as one. The sticker across the bottom is from the Everyday Adventure Accessories kit.

Layout 5
Have you every wondered how to print a 4x4 square photo from a 4x6 photo? Since the advent of Instagram, I crop A LOT of photos square (I figure, that they are easier to post on Instagram if they are square). Well, after the trip, I had edited our photos - and lots of them are square. So, I put them on a zip disc and went down to Big W. Now, if you have a square image, the default when printing pictures (at Big W and most digital printing places) is to crop the square image so that it is rectangular. But, I discovered that there is a feature on the Big W software which is 'Do Not Crop' and prints the 4x4 on 4x6 with white space either side. Does that make sense? Hopefully it does. This is a perfect size for the square pockets in the Project Life sleeves. 

Layout 6
I'm not really a fan of embellishments. But, I think that the wooden embellishments in the 'Everyday Adventure' pack is really cool.

After filling most of the pockets, I decided that he didn't like the photos that he had planned to use on the right of the page. Only problem was that I had two pockets that were landscape and two photos that were portrait with a square pocket in the middle. So, I decided to cut the photos and fill the pockets.

Layout 7 
 This is my favourite layout......

......because it has my favourite photo from the trip on it. Awwwww ten and a half years of marriage and I love this girl even more than the start. (and, in addition to being a great wife, she has become a amazingly successful SU demonstrator too)

Layout 8
Yes, that's the Seinfeld Cafe on the top right. And, Yes, that Pizza was ENORMOUS and DELICIOUS. Though, there was some strange looking cheese on it.

For some reason, the photos were printed (at K-Mart this time) at the wrong size. So, I just mounted them on one of the 3x4 cards in the kit.

Layout 9
The Met is such an AMAZING place!!! And, the colours/cards in the 'Happiness Is....' card kit coordinated really well the pics we took.

Layout 10
 Whoops! I just noticed that I didn't finish journalling this one.

 Layout 11
If you look closely, there are two arrows in the top/middle. These are from the Project Life Point & Click Photopolymer Stamp Set.

Layout 12
My 2nd favourite layout because......

 ....it has this picture. I enlarged it to 6x8 and then cropped the sides and it fit perfectly.

PROJECT LIFE on MDS
If you cant wait for all of the items to be available for purchase, all three card kits are available on MDS right NOW! Im still working on an MDS album from the last incentive trip, so I made one layout using the 'Happiness Is....' card kit. The subject of this layout is when we went to Kanab (where Stampin' Up! makes the stamps). Stampin' Up! donate all of the offcuts from the rubber stamps for use in a children's park nearby. Its so cool and is a beautiful oasis in the middle of the desert.


The card kits in MDS are under the 'Embellishments' tab.

So, that's it for now, but watch this space there will be more to come. If you want to purchase any of the products, scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the links. In the meantime, the next blog on the blog hop belongs to Tamie Holt. Click here or on the list below to go to her Project Life post.

Blog Line Up -
1. Kylie Bertucci at Crafty Kylie - You are here now
2. Tamie Holt at Tamie Luvs Craft 2
3. Carolina Evans at Studio Evans
4. Deborah Raymer at Debzhouse
5. Laura Britten at stamping with Laura Jane
6. Sue Wdowik at Nigh Nigh Birdie
7. Alex Trofimov at Pink Crafty Mama
8. Teena Maher at Stamping with Teena
9. Angela Lorenz at Angs Crafty Cards

PROJECT LIFE by Stampin' Up! Products

The full range of PROJECT LIFE by Stampin' Up! products will be available when the 2014 Catalogue goes live on July 1, 2014. In the meantime, these products are available to purchase RIGHT NOW!!! Click on any of the images below to go right to my store.

Not sure where to start? My recommendation is to get the pocket pages and the Everyday Adventure life card collection. Then you can see how you go. That will make 24 pages for only an outlay of $32,90! Then if you find you like it and are using it you can look at getting the album when it is released and any extra items. There is no way if you did traditional scrapbooking that you could do 24 pages for only $32.90. more like $300+ So take advantage of the great price and give it a go.

Project Life on MDS
Thanks for your support and happy shopping



Bruno


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Translate

Search This Blog