HELLO - What's Your Type? | CAS(E) this Sketch | CTS146

6:55:00 PM

Hi, and thanks for joining me today!

To celebrate almost reaching a major milestone (10,000 hits on my blog), watch out over the coming week for an AWESOME promotion. Sign up to receive my blog posts via email by clicking here. Want to know more about me? Click here to find out more.

Today, Im playing along with CAS(E) this sketch! for the first time. Here is the inspiration for the week;


And, here is the card I came up with...


What I set out to achieve with this card;
  1. Use the 'Whats Your Type' Stamp Set
  2. Clean and Simple card
  3. Use ONE colour for the card and image base
What do you think - do you think I achieved this?


Stamp Set

The first time I saw this stamp set was on the Cruise of the Caribbean. In the 'Stampin' Up!' room on the 'Allure of the Seas', I saw Brian King demonstrating it. And, it then appeared in the catalogue.


I just haven't found the right card to use it on - so this one was a perfect opportunity. There are MANY, many other ways to use this set aside from just using it for letters - check out Pinterest. Do you have the set? If you don't, click on the image at the bottom of this post and buy it now.


Clean and Simple

Ive been trying to simplify the cards Im making. Aside from the few goes that it took to get the stamped image right (I know what to do now), the rest of the card was really simple.

I ran the sheet of whisper white through the embossing folder. I then ran three small offcuts of Cucumber Crush, Bermuda Bay and Watermelon Wonder through the folder. I then cut around the image and mounted it on dimensionals. Using the colour pieces of card stock, I simply cut the small triangles and assembled them to match the sketch.


Finally, to highlight the diagonal, I used Silver Cording trim. This fit nicely in the 'valley' created using the embossing folder.

Products Used

Below are a list of products used on this project. Click on any of the pictures to buy from our online store 24/7. And, CHECK THIS OUT - If you spend a minimum of $50, use the Host/ess code 6RHHYKPH when you check out, you will receive a sample pack of AWESOME Designer Series Paper from us for FREE!



Is there anything else we can help you with? Please email us if you need any other information or have any questions.

Bruno

Stampin' Up! Specials


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love the textured background! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruno - your card is gorgeous (just like the fella who's sharing that super-cute sailboat card he made with this stamp set). What a genius - I'm still talking about Brian. Anyway, love the texture and color on this card. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool take on the sketch! Love a good geometric card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your graphic take on the sketch--so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Translate

Search This Blog